04 October, 2008

it's a start.

i find truth in exact statements made by different individuals. here just this week, i have been told by my mentor and my best friend that i should be a writer.on completely different occasions after reading off the cuff emails asking for advice on polar opposite situations.

i'm sure at one point and time in my life, this "trade" has crossed my mind... but come on... what in the world would i possibly have to write about. i'm not sure that what i would pen would be of interest to the general public.... but i've been wrong before. i have those sappy poems of heartbreak that i wrote in high school that showed a side of me that i honestly was afraid of. some may see it as talent. others may think that i should be medicated. either way... i consider myself better in tune with my written word than my verbal.

so here recently, i was comissioned to write something for a friend. to bare those emotions that they were not able to place into words. in doing this, i had to put myself in their shoes. to look inside my soul of how i would handle the situation. of how i would pour my heart without fear of rejection or the possible consequences. and this is the outcome. let me know what you think, if you so choose. unsolicited advice is becoming my friend in this.


i believe that there are times in one's life. that you meet someone for yet to be known reasons. one that bridges the gap between where you are and where you want to be... that missing link. or perhaps that missing piece. filling a void that you didn't realize you had. to end the search. the longing of having your soul kissed. to be completely understood by another without explaination.
this. is what i have found in you. i'm not sure that there are words fully capable of bearing the weight of how i feel for you.
so this hand molded piece of metal represents what i am trying to say. i am giving you the only piece that fits perfectly in with mine. to physically show you how much in finding you means to me. and with ending this journey that we have traveled, i find comfort in knowing you have the matching piece.
you will forever.
hold a piece of my heart.
in your hand
.

No comments: